- If you’re doing the gluten-free thing, brown rice pasta is a great choice. It’s also easy to digest. One drawback: It has the least amount of protein of the five pastas shown here.
- BRANDS WE LIKE: Lundberg and Jovial
LENTIL- AND BEAN-BASED
- This one packs the most fiber and protein of the five pastas here. If portions are your problem, grab one of these. You’ll ll up on less volume.
- BRANDS WE LIKE: Tolerant, Explore Cuisine, and Banza
- If you love regular pasta, eat this. The taste is comparable to white pasta, but it contains omega-3s from flaxseeds (to help with joint pain) and extra protein from egg whites.
- BRAND WE LIKE: Barilla ProteinPlus
- This is a gluten-free option with more protein than brown rice pasta. It’s also a complete protein, meaning it contains all nine essential amino acids. Look for ones that list quinoa as the first ingredient.
- BRAND WE LIKE: Pereg
- Because the grain is left whole, you get about three times as much fiber and 25% more protein than with regular pasta. The downside: The taste is a bit grittier.
- BRANDS WE LIKE: Hodgson Mill and Mueller’s